Sunday 18 December 2011

it's beginning to look a little like Christmas?

We didn't exactly expect the holiday season to feel the same here on Guam. But, I think we may have underestimated! The first sign...? Sweating to death as we stood in front of industrial size fans in the Home Depot parking lot, surrounded by men in shorts tossing trees out of a Matson container. For some reason- we never associated heat stroke with picking out a Christmas tree? This experience (and Quin's first, I'm a little sad to say) was a far cry from that of last year, when we were still in CA. We drove all day to a great little 'cut your own' ranch. There was a fire burning and hot chocolate served with every tree. We wandered the rows for nearly an hour looking for the right one. No snow, but for us this was perfect. 

But, because it is our first Christmas as a family of 3,  I would hate to look back at the pictures and regret not making the most of it. So, hot chocolate in hand, Quin and I got to work. And while I have never been a fan of seasonal music, I have to admit...turning on the Pandora Christmas station and hanging the stockings made me forget about the heat outside our door, at least for the afternoon. ;)



yes- she is chewing on a glitter ornament



No comments:

Post a Comment