Monday 10 October 2011

once upon a time. . .

Who would have ever thought that 13 years ago today, at a high school football game, two kids would have met the person they would ultimately end up spending the rest of their life with?! Sure, at 14 & 16 years old we would have loved to have said that we knew then that it was meant to be. But really- that was not the case. In fact, Ryan was kind of a jerk to me at first ( kind of?? at first??), and he was not exactly the kind of guy I would have seen myself with (no offense, babe) But something about it just worked. Sure we've had our times- the fighting, complaining, nagging, and whining. Hey, I look past all that- I'm not perfect either. :)

So, when we got married (in June 2006) Ryan told me I had to pick- that I was not allowed to have 2 anniversaries each year (such a sweet, romantic guy, huh??). And while for the most part I conformed to this request and we celebrate each year in June, never does Oct. 10th pass with out note. After all,  it has been our anniversary far longer than June 20th.

So, 13 years later, after 8 school dances, 4 cities, a wedding, one baby, and so much more,
 here's to trip down memory lane. . .






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these old pics!!! HAHAHA! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You guys are babies! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :):):) So for some reason these pics brought up this memory...."The best thing about animal crackers is when you get angry you can bite their heads off." haha....the crazy little sister didn't scare him off!!

    ReplyDelete